Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Quick, easy & good. I like to soak my scallops in milk for 10 minutes, remove and pat dry.
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 large scallops, cut in half crossways
- parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine (or other dry white wine)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in water (you may add more or less depending how you like your sauce, this produces a medium thick sauce)
- In a saucepan combine water wine,lemon juice, butter, honey& garlic cook over medium heat until reduced to half, stirring frequently.
- Add dissolved cornstarch and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- BBQ scallops basting them with butter for approximately 4 minutes, 2 minutes each side.
- Do not overcook. They are done when they turn opaque.
- Arrange on individual plates, pour the sauce over them then garnish with parsley and serve.
1/4 cup IS much better. Awesome recipe!!