Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've probably made this 50 times. Ridiculously easy and way more than the sum of its parts. Great on egg noodles, rice, or as a side.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) jar passata or 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated, or Daiya shreds (optional)
- Mix everything in a casserole dish and bake at 350 for an hour.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice or even on its own as a side.
- Garnish with cheese, if you like.
- (I've made this in my slow cooker sucessfully, too - 4-5 hours on low).