Recipe by Mommy Diva
This is a family favorite and in frequent rotation during the summertime in our household (Gotta love it anytime DH grills up dinner). Although normally we use sprouts ( Broccosprouts whenever we can find them), the kiddos are more inclined to sub lettuce and omit the tomatoes. Kids, go figure! Sometimes an avocado can garnish, normally that is on the side as guacamole with chips. Garnish varies depending on what looks good and fresh at the market. **Rudy's BBQ Sauce from Texas is KEY to the flavor of this sandwich! We use all sorts of other sauces, but Rudy's is just the best for these - by the case I tell ya!!**
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 8 slices pepper bacon, more to taste
- 4 slices cheddar cheese (can sub american or swiss)
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced (more as desired)
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, to taste (Rudy's brand BBQ Sauce is prefered to gain the right taste!!)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup broccosprouts, to taste (other mixed sprouts if prefered)
- avocado (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill.
- Place 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts on the grill; cook until done.
- While chicken grills, fry bacon in a pan to desired crispness; drain and set aside.
- Baste chicken with BBQ sauce, turning during basting.
- Place cheese slice on top of each breast to melt, watching not to over melt.
- Lightly toast buns, if desired, then add bbq sauce, chicken, bacon, onion tomato and sprouts.
- Top with bun and enjoy!