Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great recipe, easy to make, and popular with kids! You can use different flavors of barbecue sauce and different kinds of refrigerator biscuits as well (although I recommend the Pillsbury Grands sized ones as easiest to use).
- cooking spray or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes or 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh onions or 1 package onion soup mix (single-serving)
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit (large sized biscuits)
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or grease the cups of a muffin tin.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until browned; drain off drippings.
- Stir in the barbeque sauce and onion; simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Flatten each biscuit with your hand or a rolling pin and press into the cups of the muffin tin; the dough needs to come to the top of each cup.
- Place a portion of the beef mixture into each dough cup.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle each cup with grated cheese, and bake for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
I made this for dinner last night. My wife told me to make it and change it however I wanted so I made half of the cups with barbeque sauce and half with A1 steak sauce. Both flavors were very good. The beef cups are very easy to make and are good as lunch the next day too.
This was a pretty good recipe. Not only did it taste great, but it was easy to make, and fun to eat! You end up with a barbeque filled biscuit/muffin thingy. My daughter loved this since she could somewhat eat it with her hands, and it really IS easy to take to work with you. I give it 4 stars cause it's a great recipe I'll probably make again.
We just love these! Great to warm up or have as an easy supper or appy!