Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
These are perfect for summer picnics, pot lucks, or just because.
- 4 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans (with liquid)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (I used Sonny's Sweet BBQ Sauce)
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 lb cooked ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour entire contents of the can of pinto beans into a casserole dish.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a small bowl with the 2 tablespoons of water. Add this solution to the beans and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the dish, stir well and cover.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir every 30 minutes. After removing the beans from the oven, let the beans cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.