1/4 Photos of Bayou Pasta With Chicken ( Copycat Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta )
I got this recipe from a place that claimed it as a copycat of Chilis Cajun Chicken Pasta, so I had to try it, and was pleasantly surprised that it DID taste a lot like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces penne
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 firm-ripe roma tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook penne according to package directions.
- 2Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour; stir for 1 minute. Add half-and-half; stir until thickened, 6 minutes. Remove from heat; add parmesan, salt and pepper. Cover.
- 3Pound chicken to 1/2-inch thickness. Rub Cajun seasoning and cayenne evenly over chicken. Warm oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until no longer pink in center, 6-8 minutes. Slice chicken.
- 4In a bowl, toss pasta with sauce. Top with chicken and tomatoes and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bayou Pasta With Chicken ( Copycat Chili's Cajun Chicken Pasta )
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.5
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 140.1 mg
- Sodium 365.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 38.4 g