Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Just dandy any time of year. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Use vegetable shortening for a vegan cookie.
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease your cookie sheets.
- Sift dry ingredients together; set aside.
- Cream sugar and shortening together until fluffy; add molasses, egg and water.
- Mix in dry ingredients very well; add fruit.
- Drop by teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.