Just dandy any time of year. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Use vegetable shortening for a vegan cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease your cookie sheets.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together; set aside.
- 3Cream sugar and shortening together until fluffy; add molasses, egg and water.
- 4Mix in dry ingredients very well; add fruit.
- 5Drop by teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bayou Hermits
Serving Size: 1 (1171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.0
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 34.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g