Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are from my New Orleans recipe group. Courtesy of Church of the Devine Rebekah. VERY GOOD.
Make and share this Bayou Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
- Combine pecans, butter, 1 egg and cake mix.
- Stir until well blended.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 13X9 inch pan.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cake mix layer.
- Bake at 325 for 40 minutes or until cheese mixture is set.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
So different and SO GOOD!!! I made a batch of these this morning to take to my doctors office (butter them up a bit) and the bacth is now minus 3 :-) I will have to make these for DH this weekend, he lived in New Orleans. Thanks Riff, these are a keeper!
I made these last weekend for company and they are so good, I am making some more today. Not like your usual Brownie, but good non the less. Very easy to make, I noticed I had to cook it just a little longer than the recipe said to make sure cream cheese set.
these are very good and great tasting---very rich tasting! I had to bake a little longer!!