These are from my New Orleans recipe group. Courtesy of Church of the Devine Rebekah. VERY GOOD.
Make and share this Bayou Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Combine pecans, butter, 1 egg and cake mix.
- Stir until well blended.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 13X9 inch pan.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cake mix layer.
- Bake at 325 for 40 minutes or until cheese mixture is set.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
So different and SO GOOD!!! I made a batch of these this morning to take to my doctors office (butter them up a bit) and the bacth is now minus 3 :-) I will have to make these for DH this weekend, he lived in New Orleans. Thanks Riff, these are a keeper!
I made these last weekend for company and they are so good, I am making some more today. Not like your usual Brownie, but good non the less. Very easy to make, I noticed I had to cook it just a little longer than the recipe said to make sure cream cheese set.
these are very good and great tasting---very rich tasting! I had to bake a little longer!!