Recipe by riffraff
These are from my New Orleans recipe group. Courtesy of Church of the Devine Rebekah. VERY GOOD.
Top Review by Dana-MMH
So different and SO GOOD!!! I made a batch of these this morning to take to my doctors office (butter them up a bit) and the bacth is now minus 3 :-) I will have to make these for DH this weekend, he lived in New Orleans. Thanks Riff, these are a keeper!
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pecans, butter, 1 egg and cake mix.
- Stir until well blended.
- Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 13X9 inch pan.
- Set aside.
- Combine remaining 2 eggs, cream cheese and powdered sugar in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cake mix layer.
- Bake at 325 for 40 minutes or until cheese mixture is set.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.