Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had tons of strawberries so I had to at least try this pie. Naturally I used Deluxe Butter Pie Pastry Dough for the crust. Next time I make this, I will have to make make two pies since it was so creamy and dreamy. If you like strawberries and cream, this pie is a dream come true!! Time does not include refrigeration. Enjoy!!
- 1 quart strawberry
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- In a large bowl, crush strawberries and add sugar.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Pour cold water in a bowl and add the unflavored gelatin to the top.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water to dissolve the gelatin; stir.
- Stir in the the strawberries and add fresh lemon juice.
- Chill the gelatin until it is the thickness of unbeaten egg whites.
- Whip the cream until firm peaks form.
- Gently fold into strawberry mixture.
- Pour into pie crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
This was super awesomely delicious! Nothing better than strawberries and cream. Yum! Thanks for posting a delicious recipe.