Decadent Strawberry Cream Pie
This is my husbands favorite pie recipe! His mom made it the first time for me and I've tweaked the recipe some. This is the most perfect summer indulgence! Cook time equals chill time.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 20mins
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4 serving size)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed (plus extra for garnish, if desired, 1 8-ounce container equals 3 1/2 cups)
- 1 prepared 9-inch graham cracker crust
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled, rinsed and patted dry
- In a large bowl, combine the vanilla pudding mix, sour cream, milk, and orange rind.
- Add the whipped topping and beat with a wire whisk for 1 minute or until well blended.
- Spoon half the mixture into the pie crust.
- Press the strawberries, stem-side down, into the mixture, then top with the remaining mixture.
- Freeze the pie for about 1 hour or refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and/or strawberries.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more