- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 fluid ounces cold water
- 8 fluid ounces heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the strawberries and mix with the sugar.
- Let stand until the sugar dissolves.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over cold water.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then heat gently until the gelatin dissolves completely.
- Add the gelatin and lemon juice to the sliced berries.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pour into a 1-quart mold or serving dish.
- Chill until set.
- Carefully unmold and serve.