Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs 15 mins
One of my families favorites. A recipe for pork from one of my old boyfriends mom. With or without the caraway seed just plain good.
- 4 -6 pork steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 (29 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- in large pot brown pork steaks in the olive oil, adding sliced onion after steaks are braised to caramelize onions. Add can of sauerkraut and caraway seed. Allow to simmer for 4-5 hours, adding water if liquid simmers off. Remove any bone after meat has boiled off. 10-15 minutes prior to serving add sour cream.
- Serve over spetzle or egg noodles. Also, just fine with plain old mashed potatoes on the side.
i love pork and sauerkraut together thak you for posting this . it was really good look at her recipes shes got some good ones lol dee