Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting this for World Tour 2006; this is a great light dinner for 2 or three people and it of course is a wonderful breakfast. Not for the diet conscious by any means :-P
Top Review by Ginny Ax
Sooo Yummy!! I kind of combined this recipe with a Paula Deen Egg recipe I found. I used some frozen diced potatoes with peppers and some crumbled bacon. To the eggs I added a dash of milk and dallop of sour cream. (I was supposed to add cheese once they cooked, but I forgot.) Even though I whisked the sour cream into the eggs, it still held together (kind of) and I could taste little bits of sour cream which was really good with the potatoes. One of my favorite parts was the lack of dishes I had to do when we were done!! I just wish I had made more, because there were no leftovers.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about one cup)
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked and finely diced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, fry the bacon until crisp; remove and drain on paper towel.
- Drain most of the bacon fat from the frying pan, add the butter and saute' the onion until soft.
- Add the potatoes and brown lightly.
- Beat the eggs lightly and add the salt, pepper and milk, and finally the chopped bacon.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onions and potatoes and stir occasionally until cooked.