Great main dish rice dish. you can add chicken if you like for a little more substance
Make and share this Basmati-Sun-Dried Tomato Rice Pilaf recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add shallots; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and stock; mix well.
- Cover; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Place in serving bowl; top with cheese.
Very quick prep and quite tasty. I used sundried tomatoes in oil pulled from the jar with a fork so there was plenty of oil left on them. This seemed to address some of the dryness issues folks mentioned.
I was looking for a quick and easy to prepare basmati rice tonight and tried this recipe. This was really good. Great flavour and so easy to make with ingredients that are commonly on hand. I needed to add just a little more broth near the end to fully cook the rice. Delicious. Will definately be making this again!
We really enjoyed this recipe. It had a lot of the flavors we were looking for. This was a bit on the dry side adding more liquid would be great. Nothing was jumping out at us. Overall a good side dish. Thanks for posting. :)