Recipe by Tish
Great main dish rice dish. you can add chicken if you like for a little more substance
Top Review by marc
Very quick prep and quite tasty. I used sundried tomatoes in oil pulled from the jar with a fork so there was plenty of oil left on them. This seemed to address some of the dryness issues folks mentioned.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄3 cup dried sun-dried tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock (homemade if possible)
- 1 ounce cupshaved parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Add shallots; sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and stock; mix well.
- Cover; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Place in serving bowl; top with cheese.