1/1 Photo of Basil Scented Quail
I wanted to use up our massive amount of Greek Basil and this seemed like a delicious way to do so. Cook times are estimated
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the lemon into quarters, then on each quarter, cut in half crosswise.
- 2Take a little of the basil and push into the cavity of the quail, then add the lemon, then add more basil until full, repeat for all birds.
- 3Place any remaining basil into the baking dish and place birds on top.
- 4Rub the tops of the birds with olive oil.
- 5Sprinkle or grind salt over the birds.
- 6Roast at 180 degrees celcius for approx 20 minutes.
- 7Check for doneness.
- 8If nearly done, grill for approx 10 minutes, until golden.
- 9Crumble the feta over the top, as much or as little as you like.
Browse Our Top Quail Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Scented Quail
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.9
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 192.3 mg
- Sodium 452.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 48.5 g