Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This chicken salad sounds fresh as spring with fresh basil, spinach and parsley! Make this with a store bought rotisserie chicken and you have a super fast, no cook meal. Recipe from Southern Living® Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (feel free to sub Yo-Naise (Light Mayonnaise))
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
- 6 cups shredded fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (may sub pecan pieces)
- Combine first five ingredients, stirring well.
- Add chicken and next 4 ingredients, and toss gently.
- Place spinach on individual serving plates; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
This was a very nice, light summer salad. I cut the dressing in half, as the full amount seemed like too much for the chicken. I used light mayo, otherwise made as directed. The pine nuts and celery gave this a nice contrast of textures. My basil is going crazy right now, so this was a great way to use some of it up. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT8
Even though I subbed the celery with Avocado (personal preference) and left off the spinach and used mixed salad leaves I am still rating this a 5*. Very easy to prepare and tastes light & fresh. Served with a microwaved baked potato for a fast meal. I will also use the dressing mix on other salads. :) Made for Aus/NZ swap January 2010. A keeper :)
I made this for dinner last night, and the only change I made was instead of serving with lettuce as a salad, I tossed it with some pasta, like a cold pasta salad. Hubby and I liked it very much. I did also add a lot more hot sauce than 1/4 tsp, as we like our food hot & spicy. I did have pine nuts but forgot to add them, I will definately try that next time. Thanks for posting.