Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
from Taste of Home, August/September 2008 time includes waiting for the pasta to dry
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water, plus
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place basil in a food processor, cover and process until finely chopped. Add flour, process until blended.
- Add eggs, water, and oil. Process 15 - 20 seconds or until dough forms a ball.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Divide into fourths.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/16 inch thickness.
- Roll up jelly roll style and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Separate and unroll the slices carefully.
- Hang to dry on a pasta rack, or let stand on a clean towel for one hour.
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 4 - 5 minutes or until tender, drain and serve.
Yum Yum! I used 2 C of cake flour and 1 C all purpose flour. I didn't use quite as much fresh basil. I used about 2T minced basil. I also put a little garlic/sea salt into the mix. Served with buttery garlic mushrooms and a mixture of Romano, Parmesan and Asiago cheeses. Delicious!
This recipe was very nice, I didn't have fresh Basil so I used about a Tablespoon of dried. I used my pasta maker and put it through as spaghetti, turned out wonderful. I have a very picky 8 year old that devoured it, Thank you so much. We will be making this often.
Very nice pasta recipe, I have made it with the basil it calls for and I have also made a batch substituting the basil for spinach and both turned out nicely.