Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A flavourful pizza dough that I often make ahead and refrigerate (can be frozen as well). Using the bread machine makes homemade pizza crust extremely easy! I use this dough for flatbread for bruschetta, as well. This recipe makes two 12" thin crust pizzas, one 14" thick crust pizza, or one 15x10" thin crust "party" pizza. You can make this a wheat crust by using half whole wheat and half white flour. (Prep time does not include bread machine processing time.)
- 236.59 ml water
- 29.58 ml olive oil or 29.58 ml canola oil
- 3.69 ml salt
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml bread machine yeast
- 4.92 ml basil, dried
- 4.92 ml fresh garlic
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml cornmeal
- Add all ingredients (except cornmeal) into breadmaker in the order suggested by your breadmachine manufacturer. Process on Dough setting.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza pan.
- Turn dough out onto floured board, and knead in any flour necessary to make the dough easy to handle. Roll out dough and place on pizza pan.
- Top as you prefer, and bake at 425 for 15 to 25 minutes or until done - edges of crust should be golden, and cheese bubbly.
Made this exactly as stated except without the corn meal! This was great using Fresh Arrabiatta Sauce as the sauce, with some mushrooms and fresh basil on top (turkey pepperoni for DH!) Thanks for posting Katzen! We loved it! Oh and we pre baked it, added topping and then baked it again and it was perfect! Made for Veg*n Swap May 2010!
Wow this was such an easy dough to work with and made for a great thin crust pizza. I only made 1/2 of the recipe for one large size pizza. Next time I will pre-bake it, so that it gets nice and crispy when finished baking with the toppings. The only thing I changed was to omit the basil due to 17 yo DS not liking it. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Stars Tag Game.
This is a wonderful, easy to use pizza dough. I used it to make Crazy Garlic Bread and it was flavorful, just the right consistency and easy to work with. I used half the dough and froze the other half. It is a very versatile dough that could be used for many things - pretzels, a loaf of bread, pizza, breadsticks - you name it. Thanks for a delicious recipe!