Recipe by A la Carte
From Wolfgang Puck: A simple dressing that is great over fresh tomatoes, and makes a wonderful marinade for chicken and shrimp. And there's nothing like the color of fresh basil.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, combine the basil, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese until the basil is pureed.
- With the motor running, pour the oil through the opening and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, pour into a small bowl, and set aside. Whisk before using.