Recipe by Amanda in Aberdeen
Easy mini pizzas. These are perfect for appetizers or quick meals. I came across this recipe while looking through a "Best Recipes" booklet.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
what a great and different way to make quick pizzas! I really liked the tomato paste-cream cheese spread. Very flavourful and so easy to put together. The kids loved these as an after-school snack.
- 1 lb Italian bread
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomato paste in a mixing bowl, stir in italian seasoning until well blended.
- Add cream cheese and basil.
- Slice bread into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place on an ungreased baking pan.
- Broil 6-8 inches from heat,turn after 1 minute.
- After browned on both sides remove bread slices from broiler.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of sauce on each toast slice.
- Thinly slice mozzarella and layer a slice over the sauce.
- Broil the little pizzas 6-8 inches from the heat source for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- These look beautiful served with a dash of black pepper on top with a basil leaf for garnish.