Basil and Roasted Garlic Pesto
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut top 1/3 off of garlic head; peel away paper skin to thin layer or 2 surrounding the cloves.
- Place in small ovenproof dish; drizzle top with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 70 minutes; allow to cool.
- Squeeze garlic out of the paper skin into a small bowl; set aside.
- Place half the basil in a blender; add 1/2 the extra virgin olive oil, garlic, parsley, pine nuts, salt, pepper, and the remaining basil, the other half of the oil, and pulse until blended.
- Remove mixture to a bowl; add the parmesan and juice from lemon wedge and mix well.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.