1/9 Photos of Basic Whole Wheat French Crepes
These can be used for desserts, breakfasts, snacks, even the main course! The batter needs to be refrigerated for at least 1 hour before cooking.
My Private Note
7inch c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: If you want to make regular crepes, not using whole wheat flour, use 3/4 cup milk, 2 tbs cold water, and substitute 3/4 cup white flour.
- 2In a small bowl, beat the eggs, milk, melted butter, and salt until well combined-about 20 seconds.
- 3Sift the flour into a medium size bowl or a 2 quart measuring cup, then add the liquid mixture, beating until well combined-about 1 minute.
- 4Or blend the eggs, milk, butter, and salt in an electric blender or food processor for 15 seconds; sprinkle in the flour and blend until smooth-about 30 seconds.
- 5Cover loosely with plastic wrap; let stand for at least 1 hour refrigerated or at room temperature. (The flour will swell to make a softer batter.) Will keep, refrigerated, for up to 4 hours.
- 6Brush butter on the bottom of a crepe pan or heavy 7-inch skillet.
- 7Set over moderate heat for about 30 seconds or until a drop of batter sizzles.
- 8Stir the batter well, pour 2 tablespoonfuls into the skillet, and quickly tip it back and forth so that the batter evenly coats the bottom.
- 9Cook until the crepe edges are golden brown-about 1 minute.
- 10Slide a spatula under the crepe, flip it over, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 11Transfer to a warm plate.
- 12Repeat with the remaining batter, rebuttering the skillet when necessary.
- 13*At this point the crepes can be cooled to room temperature, separated by sheets of wax paper, and stored.
- 14Refrigerate, wrapped tightly with plastic wrap, for up to 24 hours.
- 15Freeze, wrapped with aluminum foil and labeled, for up to 1 month at 0°F.
- 16Serve with your own favorite crepe filling or try Walnut Crepes with Mocha Sauce or Cinnamon Crepes with Caramel Sauce and Pecans.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Whole Wheat French Crepes
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.8
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 73.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g