This is a simple gazpacho recipe found in How to Cook Anything. Instead of peeling the tomatoes yourself, I'd use about 2 large (24 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes. The time does not include chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1360.77 g tomatoes, cored peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, peeled, seeded, and roughly shopped
- 2 pickling cucumbers, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 slice day-old white bread, crusts removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1419.54 ml cold water
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled
- 59.14 ml sherry wine or 59.14 ml good wine vinegar
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- crouton (to garnish) (optional)
- 1Mince some of the tomato, cucumber, and pepper for garnish and set aside.
- 2Soak the bread in 1 cup water for about 5 minutes, then squeeze out extra water.
- 3Place the bread in a blender or food processor with the rest of the tomato, pepper, cucumber, and water. garlic, and vinegar. Process until smooth, then slowly add the olive oil while the machine is running.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to serve. The flavor will improve if left to sit a few hours.
- 5Before serving, check seasoning. Garnish with the reserved tomato, pepper, and cucumber. Top with croutons if desired.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Red Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.8
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 134.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g