Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from a recipe I found online and adapted a little to be my own.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cloves, crushed (optional) or 1 pinch ground cloves (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Dissolve the brown sugar and mix in the cloves, if used, into the hot water.
- After the sugar is dissolved, mix in the vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl mix the oats and nuts (and optional wheat germ) with the previously mixed liquid.
- Cover a roasting pan with wax paper to prevent it from sticking and spread the mix to form a thin layer.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- If you desire dried fruit in your granola, add it after it is done baking.