1/2 Photos of Basic Crostini With Variations
Multiple variations for every palate
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush both sides of the bread with the oil.
- 2Bake until golden brown, 4-5 minutes per side. Top as desired. The crostini can be toasted up to 3 days in advance. Keep at room temperature using an airtight container.
- 3Using one batch of this crostini, you can make the following.
- 4For Artichoke and Olive Crostini, toss 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts (rinsed and chopped) with 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives, 3 T. olive oil, and 1 T. chopped flat-leaf parsley; season with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, top 24 crostini with the artichoke mixture, then shaved parmesan.
- 5For Smoked Salmon Crostini, combine 4 oz. cream cheese, 1 T. chopped dill, and 1 T. prepared horseradish; season with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, spread the cream cheese mixture on 24 crostini. Top with 4 oz. smoked salmon and sprinkle with more dill.
- 6For Mushroom and Herb Crostini, cook 12 oz. thinly sliced assorted mushrooms in olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup white wine and simmer until evaporated, 3-4 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Dividing evenly, top 24 crostini with the mushrooms and sprinkle with chopped chives.
- 7For Ricotta and Roasted Tomato Crostini, on a rimmed baking sheet, toss 4 cups grape tomatoes with 3 T. olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 degrees until beginning to burst, 20-25 minutes. Dividing evenly, spread 1 cup ricotta on 24 crostini. Top with the tomatoes and sprinkle with thyme.
- 8For Blue Cheese and Fig Crostini, dividing evenly, spread 1/4 cup fig chutney on 24 crostini. Top with 4 oz. thinly sliced blue cheese.
- 9For Peppered Roast Beef, combine 1 T. horseradish with 1/4 cup sour cream. Place a dollop on each crostini, topping with 4 oz. thinly sliced roast beef. Sprinkle freshly cracked pepper over each crostini.
- 10For Caesar Salad, combine 2 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce with 2 T. Caesar salad dressing. Spoon mixture onto crostini and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Crostini With Variations
Serving Size: 1 (24603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2969.3
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5253.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 577.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.5 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 120.3 g