Recipe by Jeanette G
I was watching a cooking show one day and this recipe caught my eye because it was just too simple. I love having cranberry sauce with my dressing during Thanksgiving and thought it would be a nice change of pace from the old can version.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries (fresh or frozen, If you use frozen berries do not defrost them. Rinse them and add about 2 minutes t)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water, sugar and salt to a rapid boil in a medium nonreactive saucepan over high heat.
- Stir occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir in your cranberries and return to a boil.
- Reduce your heat to medium and simmer until saucy and slightly thickened and about 2/3 of your berries have popped open-- about 5 minutes.
- Place in a bowl and cool at room temperature.