Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe for anyone who wants to try couscous. It's simple and has great flavour! I like to serve it with chicken and veggies.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chicken base
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- In a saucepan, combine everything except the coucous; bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
Haha when you said basic I was thinking like the grain plus boiling water basic.
This is a wonderful recipe. So easy to do. It had great flavors. Thanks FrVanilla :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game