Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Natural Beauty at Home by Janice Cox. This is a combination of her Basic Cold Cream and Original Greek Cold Cream recipes.
- Dissolve the borax into the water in a measuring cup and set aside.
- Mix together the oil and beewax in the top of a water bath.
- Heat the oil-beeswax mixture over medium heat until beeswax is melted, stirring occasionally (8-10 minutes).
- When the wax is melted bring the water-borax mixture almost to a boil, either in a separate pan or in the microwave.
- Remove the oil-beeswax mix from the water bath and slowly add in the water-borax, stirring briskly. (Alternately, both mixtures can be put in a blender and whipped).
- If using rose water, stir in as the mixture cools.
- Store in a clean container with a lid. Product should store indefinitely.
- Mixture should be white and fluffy after beating, but still remain a little runny until completely cooled.
- To use: massage a small amount into your skin and tissue off or rinse off with warm water.
I make this often, and it is lovely. I most often leave out the rosewater, as I like the honey smell of the beeswax. It is fluffier if you use an electric beater, and the olive oil usually has its own odor, so I use the canola instead.