Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is a quick and easy Indian flat bread recipe, served with a potato curry, these no fat flat breads are amazing!
- 2 1⁄2 cups atta flour, wheat flour can be substituted
- 2 cups water (or enough to make a dough)
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix flour and salt.
- Make a hole in flour and mix in water, making a dough.
- Knead for five minutes, cover with wet cloth and refrigerate for an hour.
- Heat a flat pan (non stick pans are not good for this as repeated use at high heats with no liquid tends to crack the Teflon) until smoking hot.
- Roll out 1/2 a handful of dough into a flat round shape (3mm thick) and put into pan, cooking for 1 minute either side.
- Once turned press gently with a towel, until brown.
- Repeat and serve!