Recipe by LadyRatri
This is a pretty fool-proof recipe. I took a regular pancake recipe and tweaked it to use buttermilk. One great variation is to put a mashed banana in with the wet ingredients, and then add chocolate chips right at the end.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, including the vegetable oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into the well.
- Stir with a spoon or whisk just until it is combined. There should be lumps and the batter will be fairly thick.
- At this point you can let the batter rest for up to 60 minutes, or cover and refrigerate it overnight.
- For large pancakes use 1/4 cup of batter, or use about 1/8 cup for little pancakes. Cook until the top is bubbling and first side is brown, then flip. Don't mash them with the spatula after you flip them, or they will be flattened instead of fluffy. When they are cooked through, the top will be a little bouncy if you poke it with your fingers.