- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter together; blend well.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients; mix with a whisk, stopping when everything is just combined (don’t worry if batter is a bit lumpy).
- The batter will bubble and become spongy almost immediately.
- Lightly butter or oil your griddle or skillet; preheat to medium (if using an electric griddle, heat to 350°).
- Spoon ¼ cup batter onto griddle for each pancake, allowing space for spreading.
- When the undersides of the pancakes are golden and the tops are lightly speckled with bubbles that pop and stay open, flip the pancakes over with a wide spatula and cook until the other sides are light brown.
- Serve immediately with topping of choice.