Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a totally not diet friendly Portuguese dessert! The bread has to be fresh, no dry bread crumbs.
- Lightly toast slivered almonds.
- Combine water and sugar and heat, until sugar has dissolved, then cook until you get a thick syrup.
- Remove from stove top, add butter.
- As soon as butter is molten, add crumbled bread, mix.
- Put back onto stove top, add egg yolks and cook slowly until the pudding thickens - don't boil!
- Fill into a bowl, garnish with slivered almonds and cinnamon.