I've never been to Barney's, but I saw this recipe on the web and thought it sounded good. I have no idea if it tastes like Barney's. The chili seasoning used is the one that comes in a brown paper bag-lloking package with a red label on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer, of your choice
- 1 (46 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 chopped green pepper (optional)
- 6 ounces chili seasoning mix (see description)
- 1Brown and drain 1 lb. of ground beef. Meanwhile, empty V-8 Juice and beer into a large stock pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat & simmer, Add all remaining ingredients, EXCEPT CHILI PACKAGE SPICES.
- 2Open chili spice package. You will find 4 packets of different spices.
- 3Add larger package of chili spices, first, and stir.
- 4Add salt packet to taste, stir.
- 5Add small cayenne pepper packet to taste (optional). Will be extremely hot & spicy if all is added. (I usually add 1/4 to 1/2 of packet.).
- 6If you like thick chili follow directions on package for use of masa flour to thicken.
- 7Continue to simmer and stir. It's ready to eat when heated through. The longer it simmers the spicier it will get. If you want to simmer awhile longer, reduce heat to low so it doesn't burn.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barney's Beanery-Type Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 687.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 21.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix