1 hr 5 mins
pattikay in L.A.'s Note:
From Please to the Table. Posted for ZWT 3, Scandinavia
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat the oven to 375. brush an 8 or 9 inch cast iron skillet with 2 T of butter.
- 2sift the dry ingredients and caraway seeds (if using) together in a large bowl.
- 3whisk together the egg, buttermilk and vegetable oil.
- 4add the dry ingredients and mix till blended.
- 5Do not overmix.
- 6you will have something between a batter and a dough.
- 7spoon the mixture into the skillet and smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- 8drizzle the remaining butter over the top.
- 9bake till golden brown and a tester comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- 10serve slightly warm.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley Skillet Bread
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 283.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g