- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 cup basil leaves, tightly packed
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups corn kernels
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil large pot of water, add barley.
- Reduce heat, cover, simmer 50 minutes till tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- In food processor, puree basil, cheese, oil and garlic.
- Season to taste.
- In bowl, toss basil mix through barley.
- Add corn and tomatoes.
- Can be made 2 days ahead and refrigerated.