Luvs 2 Cook's Note:
This can't be any easier! I do add more garlic, capers, white wine and double the sauce because we like sauce. Show: Barefoot Contessa Episode: Pasta Bella
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 lb linguine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 16 shrimp)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 lemon, zest grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1/4 lemon, thinly sliced in half-rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1Drizzle some oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and the linguine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- 2Meanwhile, in another large (12-inch), heavy-bottomed pan, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Be careful, the garlic burns easily!
- 3Add the shrimp, 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, and the pepper and saute until the shrimp have just turned pink, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 4Remove from the heat, add the parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon slices, and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
- 5When the pasta is done, drain the cooked linguine and then put it back in the pot.
- 6Immediately add the shrimp and sauce, toss well, and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Linguine With Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.5
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 260.9 mg
- Sodium 3434.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 46.6 g