1 hr 10 mins
This is so incredibly rich and decadent. From the Barefoot Contessa's cookbook "Back to Basics," I am posting it here so I don't lose it. The inside will appear VERY underbaked - it is supposed to be that way, so don't keep on baking it! The number of servings are as noted in the cookbook, though I think it could serve far more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- 3Beat eggs and sugar together on medium speed until very light yellow and thick, about 5 minutes.
- 4Sift cocoa powder and flour together, and add to sugar and egg mixture on low speed just until mixed.
- 5Slowly pour in melted butter and mix again just until combined.
- 6Grease a 9x12x2 baking dish (I used an 8x11), and spread mixture into the pan.
- 7Place dish into a larger baking pan.
- 8Add enough very hot tap water to larger pan to come halfway up the side of the smaller pan.
- 9Bake for exactly 1 hour.
- 10A cake tester inserted 2 inches from the side will come out 3/4 clean.
- 11The center will appear very underbaked, IT SHOULD. The texture of this is between a brownie and pudding.
- 12Cool, serve slightly warm or room temperature, with vanilla ice cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa Brownie Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.8
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 244.9 mg
- Sodium 60.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 67.4 g
- Protein 8.3 g