Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We use the grill all year long and to make a great batch of Ribs, Chicken or Brisket you need a great Rub. I have messed around with brand name rubs and some from food.com, I must say my rub is kinda better than anything I have tried. I hope you will give it a go. Let me know how you like it. My springer spaniel Jody stares at the grill the whole time I am cooking with this rub.The jaws knows whats good. You gotta trust a a dog.
- 4 tablespoons chili powder (mexican)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika (smokey)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix together, and put in air tight container for 24 hours. Then rub it in ribs, brisket or chicken. You can double3 or triple ect. if needed. Wrap meat in seran wrap or foil and put in refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours Then grill grill grill. You can cut this recipe in half or save in air tight container.
This was great on some chicken. Lots of flavor! Looking forward to summer when we will try it on some ribs! Made for Spring 2012 Pick a Chef game.