Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Also known as Sloppy Joes. This is from “The Unwatched Pot” cookbook. I adapted it slightly for our tastes. How awesome would this be topped with a slice of provalone cheese? Try over noodles or rice for something different. I’m betting this would freeze well too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Drain off the fat.
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4.
- Serve hot over hamburger buns.
Tasty, Tasty! It's got enough zing - I have made this twice now and my family loves it! And it is super easy. I used red and green peppers chopped fairly small and made it exactly as written. It is fairly 'dry', not much sauce, but we liked it that way.