Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delightfully different marinade for chicken breasts.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a shallow dish and mix well.
- Add chicken, turning to coat.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Place the marinade in a small saucepan and heat to a boil, then cool.
- Place the chicken on the grill over hot coals until chicken is done and juices run clear, approximately 7 to 10 minutes per side.
- Turn and baste frequently with reserved marinade.
I use this as one of our OAMC meals. The chicken freezes well in the marinade, and unlike some dishes with an acidic marinade, this doesn't get "mushy" over time. Great flavors, and SO EASY. Thanks!
Marinated this a month or so ago & made it for dinner tonight. We were out of charcoal so I ended up putting them on the stovetop. Just to let everyone know- It is still awesome! I added a bit of cornstarch/water mixture to the sauce at the end and wow! It tasted like something from a chinese resturant. Thanks so much for sharing! This will be on our regular rotation.
Excellent flavor. I marinated for about 8 hours and it was superb!