Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Super fast and simple. Wilted lettuce on the grill for a unique, smoky side. Adapted from a grilling supplement to Ladie's Home Journal. We eat this every time we grill out!
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Heat grill to medium.
- Whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar and liquid smoke.
- Brush romaine halves with mixture and grill, directly over heat until slightly charred and wilted, turning once, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from grill, chop and season to your liking. Serve immediately.
- We sprinkle it with Salad Supreme seasoning blend and Parmesan cheese or salt, pepper and bleu cheese.