Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 cup kraft thick 'n spicy barbecue sauce, with honey or 1 cup kraft original barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, quartered or 2 large Cornish hens, split
- orange slice, for garnish
- COMBINE barbecue sauce, orange juice and peel in heavy plastic bag or glass baking dish.
- Add chicken to sauce; turn to coat well.
- Close bag or cover dish and let stand at room temperature 30 minutes or refrigerate until ready to cook.
- PREHEAT oven to 400F.
- Remove chicken from barbecue sauce; reserving sauce.
- Place chicken skin side up on rack in foil-lined roasting pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, basting with reserved sauce three times.
- Garnish with orange slices.