Recipe by SDB
Found this while looking through old clippings in a cookbook I'd put together years ago -- It's from the Los Angeles Times, submitted by Sebastiani Vineyards. Posting for safe-keeping, will add comments once I've tried it. Time does not include overnight marinating.
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard
- 1 (6 lb) leg of lamb, boned and butterflied
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, vinegar, wine, chiles, garlic, Italian seasoning and mustard. Mix well.
- Place lamb in shallow dish and pour mixture over it. Turn to coat. Cover and marinate overnight, turning again.
- Remove meat from marinade. Blend tomato sauce and honey into marinade, stirring well.
- Barbecue marinated lamb over double layer of hot coals 8 to 10 minutes on each side, basting frequently, until done.