Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
by Pat Dolan
- 8 whole fresh garlic heads
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary or 4 sprigs oregano or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- Whole heads of garlic, barbecued on the grill, become soft, mellow and aromatic. Use.
- cloves as a spread for meat and vegetables or for French bread.
- Peel outer skin layers of garlic leaving cloves and head intact. Place all heads on double.
- thickness of foil; top with butter and herbs. Fold up and seal. Cook over hot coals,.
- turning occasionally, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve one whole head per person.
- Squeeze cooked cloves from skin onto cooked meat and vegetables or on French or rye bread. Serves:8.