Prep 2 hrs 50 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is out of my "Just 100 Calories" cookbook. Serve it with a salad.
- 4 chicken drumsticks, about 3 . 5 oz each, skinned
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, blended with 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- To make the sauce, place the shallot, garlic, tomato paste mixture, red wine vinegar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a screw top jar, cover with the lid, and shake vigorously until well blended.
- Rinse the chicken drumsticks and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the drumsticks in a large oven proof dish, pour over the sauce, and let stand for at least 2 hours, in the refrigerator, occasionally spooning the sauce over the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Cook the chicken drumsticks in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken or turn the chicken over during cooking.
- Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
I did 6 drumsticks though made as per recipe and baked at 175C fan forced for 45 minutes for moist and oh so tasty drumsticks. Thank you TeresaS for a great dinner, made for Food Fun and Friends Forum and For Your Consideration tag game.
Great low cal chicken legs!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe, subbing wings for the legs and grilling them instead of heating up the oven, still in the 80's here in FL. I marinated the wings for about 4 hours and they were flavorful with basting the wings in the sauce while grilling, but think next time I would marinated them for 24 hours. Loved that these were so low calorie without the sugar or oil, but still tasted like a nice tangy BBQ chicken!!!