Recipe by teresas
This is out of my "Just 100 Calories" cookbook. Serve it with a salad.
Top Review by I'mPat
I did 6 drumsticks though made as per recipe and baked at 175C fan forced for 45 minutes for moist and oh so tasty drumsticks. Thank you TeresaS for a great dinner, made for Food Fun and Friends Forum and For Your Consideration tag game.
- 4 chicken drumsticks, about 3 . 5 oz each, skinned
- 1 tablespoon parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste, blended with 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the sauce, place the shallot, garlic, tomato paste mixture, red wine vinegar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a screw top jar, cover with the lid, and shake vigorously until well blended.
- Rinse the chicken drumsticks and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the drumsticks in a large oven proof dish, pour over the sauce, and let stand for at least 2 hours, in the refrigerator, occasionally spooning the sauce over the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Cook the chicken drumsticks in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken or turn the chicken over during cooking.
- Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with chopped parsley.