Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white horseradish
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat broiler, heat a charcoal grill until coals form white ash, or preheat a gas grill to medium.
- To prepare sauce, in a small saucepan, combine ketchup, vinegar, horseradish, brown sugar, garlic, and thyme. Mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat. Stirring frequently, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pepper.
- Brush tops of chicken pieces lightly with sauce. Place chicken, sauce-side down, on a foil-lined broiler pan or grill rack. Brush other sides lightly with sauce.
- Broil or grill 3 inches from heat, basting with remaining sauce and turning until no longer pink in the center, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Let chicken stand for 5 minutes before serving.