Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are fun to make and very tasty. The BBQ sauce is a hideous, tar like mixture, but it tastes great!
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1⁄2 cups molasses
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- hot sauce
- black pepper
- black paste food coloring
- blue paste food coloring
- green paste food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Boil the chicken wings for twenty minutes in a large pot. While the wings are cooking, prepare the sauce. Whisk together the ketchup, molasses, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, hot sauce, salt, and pepper until smooth in a large roasting pan. Add enough black, blue, and green food colorings to the sauce to make a dark black sauce. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Drain the wings well and add them to the sauce and toss to coat evenly, poking the wings liberally with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then increase the temperature to 450 degrees. Toss the wings in the sauce again to coat evenly. Bake until the sauce is thickened and slightly blackened, flipping the wings over occasionally, about another 15 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.
I went against my wishes, and made these for my GF's 7 year old's BD party. Well, maybe I should listen to kids more. Or Aliia. Gotta say it was as stated. Looked uber-funky and tasted grea.t Definitely noticed the mole asses. Very distinct.
These were a hit for my Halloween Party, made a double batch in the oven and then put them in the crockpot on warm. (see picture) They looked so real but very good. Thx for sharing =)
Looks gross but the taste is great!