Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is out of a Clean Eating magazine.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, julienned
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high.
- Toss shrimp with five-spice powder and olive oil.
- Thread onto skewers.
- Let marinate while preparing salad.
- Boil sugar snaps until tender-crisp, 2 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Slice lengthwise into julienne strips (be careful-some of the peas pop out).
- Boil noodles just until tender, about 5 minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain well.
- Place in a large bowl with sugar snaps.
- Slice cucumber in half lengthwise (scrape out seeds if you wish).
- Thinly slice, then add to noodles along with basil, cilantro and julienned ginger.
- For the dressing place grated ginger in a small sieve set over a bowl.
- Using the back of a spoon, firmly press ginger to release juice,.
- Discard grate ginger. Stir in garlic, soy sauce, oil and honey.
- Pour over noodle mixture and toss to evenly mix.
- Barbecue shrimp, 2 minutes per side.
- Divide noodles among four bowls and top each with a skewer.
Made this for the 2 of us & after a big dinner there was enough left for my other half to take to work the next day! Great tasting salad ~ We especially enjoyed the gingery dressing with the shrimp! Thanks for sharing the recipe ! [Made & reviewed in 123 Hits tag]
Very good and easy salad for the summer or anytime! This salad is super fast to put together and works well as a main course salad. Thanks for sharing!