1/20 Photos of Barbecue Chicken Basil Calzones (Oamc)
* Pamela *'s Note:
This recipe can be easily doubled. This freezes wonderfully and makes a great meal/snack to have on hand. You can also make these and eat them hot out of the oven. This recipe was created for Ready, Set, Cook! #6
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 6 teaspoons instant powdered milk
- 2 eggs
- 1For the dough: Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and basil.
- 2Add milk powder to water and stir until dissolved, add to dry mixture.
- 3Add eggs and melted butter and mix well.
- 4Set aside while making the filling.
- 5For the filling: Cook onions in butter over medium heat until onions are tender.
- 6Add chicken and mushroom pieces and cook 2 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and stir in barbecue sauce and cheese.
- 8Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll out into 8 inch circles.
- 9Place 3/4 cup - 1 cup of filling in each circle.
- 10Fold dough in half and seal edges tightly.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until top begins to brown slightly.
- 12For OAMC: Cool and freeze at this point.
- 13Defrost in the oven or microwave before serving.
- 14Serve warm with extra barbecue sauce to dip if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Chicken Basil Calzones (Oamc)
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 940.4
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 22.8 g
- Cholesterol 225.3 mg
- Sodium 1816.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 109.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 33.3 g