Prep 15 mins
Cook 19 mins
I love bbq chicken pizza, cashews, and french-fried onions, but have never had all of it combined until I tried this. Recipe from Pillsbury.
- 393.49 g refrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 59.14 ml whiskey-flavored barbecue sauce or 59.14 ml regular barbecue sauce
- 14.79 ml grape jelly
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia, Maui or Walla Walla)
- 354.88 ml cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 78.07 ml cashew halves
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 236.59 ml finely shredded mozzarella cheese or 236.59 ml Italian cheese blend
- 177.44 ml French-fried onions
- 8 fresh fresh cilantro stems, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray 13x9-inch pan or 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on pan; press dough to edges of pan. Bake 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix barbecue sauce, jelly, pepper and chopped onion. Spread evenly over partially baked crust.
- Top with chicken, cashews, chopped cilantro and cheese.
- Bake 7-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is deep golden brown.
- Sprinkle French-fried onions over pizza. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until onions are golden. Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
I'm Snapdragons mom and I have to agree with her review. This was an incredible pizza, I made it again for her brother who demaded that we have this often. I used my homemade BBQ sauce, and its easy to throw together. I didn't mix the onions into the sauce as my daughter doesn't care for raw onions, so I was able to sprinkle them on half. I found making it on a pizza pan resulted in a crisper crust. We for sure will be making this again.
Amazing! My mom made this for me tonight and I couldn't get enough! She left the regular onions on my half. We used her homemade BBQ sauce and some precooked chicken. It was beyond amazing! I will be making this one on my own for sure!!!!!!
This is getting emphatic five star votes from all of my eaters. What a great pizza! I needed to increase the sauce amounts. Each ingredient in this pizza is vital and just right! Don't skip anything! Oh - I did substitute shallot for the sweet onion. Great dish, easy to assemble and something we would LOVE to eat again soon!